Re: ...IGOR NOVIKOV...

From: Valter Moretti <moretti_at_science.unitn.it>
Date: 1999/06/23

Ciao, forse ti riferisci a questo. Poi ne hanno scritti altri
ma questo doverbbe essere il capostipite. Ciao

Valter Moretti
Dipartimento di Matematica
Universita' di Trento

Time machines: the Principle of Self-Consistency as a
consequence of the Principle of Minimal Action

Authors: A. Carlini, V.P. Frolov, M.B. Mensky, I.D. Novikov, H.H. Soleng
Journal: International Journal of Modern Physics D 4 (1995) 557-580;
Erratum-ibid. D5 (1996) 99

ABSTRACT:
       We consider the action principle to derive the classical,
non-relativistic motion of a self-interacting particle in a 4-D
Lorentzian spacetime containing wormhole and which allows the existence
of closed time-like curves. For the case of a `hard-sphere'
self-interaction potential we show that the only possible trajectories
(for a particle with fixed initial and final positions and which
traverses the wormhole once) minimizing the classical action are
those which are globally self-consistent, and that the `Principle of
self-consistency' (originally introduced by Novikov) is thus a natural
consequence of the `Principle of minimal action.'